Axelrod & Ryan Won't Be @ TAKII 22

LINK(S) OF REFERENCE: http://takii.pdnmz.com/guests-performers/brand-new-debuts

Axelrod & Ryan Won't Be @ TAKII 22

Unread postby d-chan o^_*o » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:47 pm

Due to moving across the country around the time TAKII 22 was to take place, Cris Ryan (a former guest sensei for Philly's Next Top Cosplayer) is unable to be with us this season. In the case of Robert Axelrod (VA of Lord Zedd of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fame), he is unable to attend TAKII 22 due to a serious emergency medical matter. Here's what Mr. Axelrod had to say on his official Facebook page:

"It is with deep regret that I will have to cancel my guest appearance at ASIAN KARAOKE IDOL INVITATIONAL. I had corrective foot surgery back at the end of October and was supposed to be completely recovered by convention time. But alas, the foot got infected. I spent nine days in the hospital recently and now I am homebound for five weeks taking intravenous antibiotics. Traveling is of course out of the question. I have a visiting nurse coming twice a day to check on the progress of the foot, change the bandage, help me with the antibiotics. I hate to bore you with the details but I feel you deserve to know. Again, I am awfully sorry I can’t attend what is going to be a terrific convention. The management assures me that there will be a guest slot open for their June event, so I hope to be able to attend.
Meanwhile, please attend the convention and have a wonderful time.

Until Next Time I Remain,
Robert (LORD ZEDD) Axelrod"

Here's TAKII's official response:

"Due to a serious last-minute medical challenge, our titular guest for TAKII 22 ~It's Morphin Time!~, Robert Axelrod, will have his appearance rescheduled for later on in the New Year. In my personal conversation with him this week, I told him that festivals & cons pale in comparison to his health & well-being. We will continue to work with Mr. Axelrod so that he can engage the best Asian culture fanbase, the TAKII Family, in advance of his eventual arrival in (later) 2017.

That being said, we would like to share with you a new opportunity that has shown itself to The Asian Karaoke Idol Invitational. Thanks to the generous support of a Team TAKII Sponsor, we have SERIOUSLY UPGRADED our 4 main prizes for our biggest talent & game shows this season. Prizes include:

- 1 year subscription for CrunchyRoll
- 1 year subscription for Xbox Live
- 1 year subscription for PlayStation Network
- Fan choice of the following: Supersonic SC-1911 19-Inch 1080p LED Widescreen HDTV with HDMI Input (AC/DC Compatible), PS3, or Xbox 360z

Additionally, starting in TAKII 23, we will be awarding authentic championship belts to the winners of our "TAKII Show" & "Gaming Live On PPV" festivities. This should help to further cement a winner's infamy in the annals of our history (not ANALS, but annals ^_*).

And finally, at next weekend's TAKII 22 ~It's Morphin Time~, not only will we be adding screening of the new smash hit Yuri On Ice, but we will also announce the rollout of several NEW TAKII World Tour initiatives (including homestyle gaming qualifier, karaoke charity events, & much more).

We here at TAKII look forward to not only another rockin' season, but a springboard to another 10 years of excellence as we personify, beyond any doubt, that we truly are "the most extreme Asian culture fusion festival" the world's ever seen!

Warmest Regards,
Damien Christopher Warsavage & Team TAKII

#takii22 #takiiworldtour #takiiexpansion #takiiupgrade"
d-chan o^_*o
Site Admin

Return to Brand-New Debuts