TAKII 9 Gaming Tourneys ANNOUNCED!!!!

LINK(S) OF REFERENCE: http://takii.pdnmz.com/historic-archives/takii-archive/takii9-ygk

TAKII 9 Gaming Tourneys ANNOUNCED!!!!

Unread postby d-chan o^_*o » Mon May 17, 2010 4:06 pm

(taken from the "Hardcore Handbook" for TAKII 9)

TAKII 9 ~Yume Ga Kanau (Dreams Come True)~
Vid Game Tourney & Gaming Festivity Guide
The Rotunda (Philly, PA)

1. “Blind Faith Challenge” 1: Raiden Fighters Aces (360)
a. OBJECTIVE = score the most points before you die in 1 full turn (or a level’s end).
b. RULES = blindfolded, 1 at a time, back of the line when your turn is done.
c. ENTRY = unlimited.
d. TIE = coin flip.

2. “Blind Faith Challenge” 2: Bomberman Land (Wii)
a. OBJECTIVE = last the longest in a series of battle royale-style matches.
b. RULES = blindfolded, 4P VS, random options for each match, losers go to the back of the line.
c. ENTRY = unlimited.
d. TIE = be the last person to have won a match.

3. “Blind Faith Challenge” 3: Virtua Cop 2 (DC)
a. OBJECTIVE = score higher than your partner.
b. RULES = blindfolded, 2P co-op, random options, lowest scoring partner goes to the back of the line.
c. ENTRY = unlimited.
d. TIE = coin flip.

4. “Blind Faith Challenge” 4: BurgerTime (Intellivision)
a. OBJECTIVE = score the most points on Level 1.
b. RULES = blindfolded, 1 person at a time, default settings, turn ends when you die twice.
c. ENTRY = unlimited.
d. TIE = the person to have created the most actual burgers.

5. “Fusion Smash-Up Challenge” 1: DDR Konamix VS Marvel VS Capcom (PS)
a. OBJECTIVE = win in the face of obvious adversity.
b. RULES = 1 VS 1, coin flip determines if a normal controller, or dance pad is to be used for both games, 1st 30-mins = DDR Konamix, while 2nd 30-mins = Marvel VS Capcom, losers go to the back of the line.
c. ENTRY = unlimited.

6. “Fusion Smash-Up Challenge” 2: Rumble Roses XX VS Dead Or Alive 4 (360)
a. OBJECTIVE = rack up the most consecutive wins.
b. RULES = 1 VS 1, random options, winner selects the game to be played next.
c. ENTRY = unlimited.

7. “Fusion Smash-Up Challenge” 3: Wii Play VS Wii Sports (Wii)
a. OBJECTIVE = be the last person to have won a match.
b. RULES = 1 VS 1, standard VS, default options, games played will be rotated & TAKII Staff will randomly select the challenge to be played.
c. ENTRY = unlimited.
d. TIE = n/a.

8. “Fusion Smash-Up Challenge” 4: F-Zero GX VS Sonic Riders (GC)
a. OBJECTIVE = be the last person in line to have won a race.
b. RULES = 4P VS, last person to have won select the game, random settings
c. ENTRY = unlimited.
d. TIE = n/a.

9. StepMania Shining Stars
a. OBJECTIVE = outlast all other teams.
b. RULES = 8 teams of 2 players, 1 person dances while the other one sings, scores are based on accuracy & live impressions.
c. ENTRY = 16.
d. TIE = 1 rep from each team will dance to a song of random difficulty.

10. Yaoi/Yuri YOWZA! (feat. Capcom Showdown SmackDown!)
a. OBJECTIVE = be the last team standing.
b. RULES = pairing will be equally grouped to play a series of random Capcom games & the team that scores the most victories moves onto the “Yaoi/Yuri YOWZA!” stage, then teams will split back up into pairs & play “Y/YY!”
c. ENTRY = 8.
d. TIE = n/a

11. HUZZAH: The Even More New “PYL” (feat. Silent Library ~Gaki no Tsukai Ya Arahende~)
a. OBJECTIVE = help your team advance to the finals, then be the last one standing.
b. RULES = 3 teams, each one selects reps to play random video games to earn spins on the PYL wheel, spins earned are used to earn points, the team with the most points plays “Silent Library” until only 1 team member is left.
c. ENTRY = 3 teams (of 4-6 people).
d. TIE = n/a

12. Gaming Live On PPV: Rumble Royale (feat. TAKII Fanatic Choice Games)
a. OBJECTIVE = have your team last the longest & with the most points.
b. RULES = teams will line up & 2 random ones will be select to play a random game, teams pick the member to rep them in the game, winning team gains a point, losing team decides to lose a point VS losing a team member & saving a point, teams with no more people left are eliminated.
c. ENTRY = 4 teams (of 4-6 people).
d. TIE = last remaining team (then the team with the most people left, then the team with the highest score).

NOTE: All of the above require a #1 Contender’s Pass to play. Sign-ups for each tournament will begin right before it is to start; your slot will not be reserved if you are not present.
d-chan o^_*o
Site Admin

Re: TAKII 9 Gaming Tourneys ANNOUNCED!!!!

Unread postby Cla The Ninja » Tue May 25, 2010 7:02 pm

TAKII is a two day event so I was wondering what specific day (and time) these particular events are happening. Or are you doing them all on both days?

Well, really, the only thing I definitely do not want to miss is Rumble Roses XX VS Dead Or Alive 4. You got an estimation of when you're aiming to do that? I'll also get in on Virtua Cop 2 if I'm there when you do it.

If you got a Dreamcast at the event, I highly recommend you get some Project Justice going on. (at least for free play) I can bring a copy to use (hell, a copy to GIVE you) if you're ok with using burned games. (no modding needed. Just put the disc in as is)

And I gotta say that I'm very surprised you're not doing anything with Super Street Fighter 4. It's brand spanking new and everyone and their mother is playing it right now. The SF4 team tourney that one time (I think it was TAKII7) was pretty fun, except for the random wireless controller lag. (just use the USB cables next time.)
Cla The Ninja

Re: TAKII 9 Gaming Tourneys ANNOUNCED!!!!

Unread postby d-chan o^_*o » Tue May 25, 2010 8:49 pm

K-wa, Cla-chan!

Nice to see you at our new forums! We hope you'll enjoy your stay ^_^.

As for when certain things/happenings are taking place, our "Harcore Handbook" is available for download in the Registration section of our website: http://takii.pdnmz.com/registration.html

Also, I do agree....Project Justice needs to be played & be played it shall!! We have the original Japanese version ready to go for free play all weekend & we hope everyone enjoys it!!

....& funny you should mention Super Street Fighter 4, as it is going to play a central role with another amazing Capcom game in our latest press release, being issued tomorrow night -- so stay tuned for that, as well!

Keep the feedback comin'....& we look forward to seein' ya at TAKII 9 this weekend!!!!

D-chan o^_*o
d-chan o^_*o
Site Admin

Return to TAKII 9 ~Yume Ga Kanau~